Classification: Nonexempt | Hourly | Full-time
Career Group | Family | Pathway | Level
Operations & Production | Production | Leader | Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Department Avionics Installations
The Avionics Installation Manager is responsible for financial goals and objectives; assigning and coordinating work assignments for the team; assumes responsibility for all Installation functions for their department. This position also manages the teams’ overtime and monitors daily work functions to include workload and ensuring assigned employees are qualified for the work they perform. The qualified Manager will be considered a working Manager and is expected to perform work on the aircraft as well as providing leadership on all projects.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Provide accurate timely reporting to General Manager and Project Manager, of status of in-service aircraft.
- To always lead by example, through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Supervise and direct activities of all personnel assigned, assuring all work is completed in compliance with established company policies and procedures set in Pro Star Aviation (RSM/QCM), as well as applicable FAA regulatory guidelines.
- Proactively build coworker skill sets, lead assigned employees through motivation, communication, mentorship, and accountability.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and signed-off accurately in a timely manner
- Assist with completing all required paperwork, review work orders of incoming aircraft to determine labor, parts, and equipment necessary to accomplish the assigned inspection, maintenance, and repair. Assist with requesting necessary parts, service, or equipment as required.
- Ensure daily timekeeping requirements are completed on time and accurate.
- Oversee Leads and Technicians to ensure the work area and hangar is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant always, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents. Strictly enforce good housekeeping practices with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee well-being.
- Work closely with the General Manager and HR on hiring and termination of employees.
- Perform Employee Performance evaluations and manage improvement plans for low performing employees.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and handled by Technicians for both safety and to reduce breakages, wear, and tear. Require Technicians to report any tool malfunction promptly to replace or repair accordingly.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Avionics Installation field
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communications skills; both verbal and written required
- Valid Driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Valid & Current Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certification preferred
- Installation experience working on Hawker, Beechjet, Gulfstream, Bombardier, Embraer, Dassault, and Pilatus aircraft preferred
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
Direct supervisory responsibility including the authority to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward or discipline subordinate employees or effectively recommend such actions.
Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the hangar. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. This position is very active and the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl all day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. No specific vision requirements.
Objects weighing 70 pounds or more must be accompanied by a second individual to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.