Classification: Exempt | Salary | Full-time
Career Group | Family | Pathway | Level
Information Technology | IT Support Services | Leader | Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and ensuring that every aspect of the company’s information technology implementation and management is executed cleanly and future focused. They will help determine the IT needs of the organization and be responsible for implementing the appropriate technologies to fulfill the organization’s information systems requirements. The Systems Administrator’s responsibilities will also include identifying needs for outside help desk and engineering support staff, maintaining the telecommunication systems and other electronic support systems related to the company operations, and managing the associated external resources.
- Management and troubleshooting of servers, wired and wireless networks, and endpoints along with telephony, building access control, and video security systems.
- Design and deploy hardware and software-based systems to solve business problems and support company operations.
- Manage line of business applications, including security, application configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Add functionality and customization beyond out-of-box application through custom SQL queries, procedures, events, and triggers.
- Manage multiple vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Analyze business processes looking for opportunities to leverage technology to improve efficiency.
- Secure technical systems from unauthorized access. Monitor and respond to security events to protect company data and train users on safe computing practices.
- Provide break-fix support to end users and / or train users as needed.
- Provide facilities and technical support for special events.
- Support all technical operations at the company’s multiple facilities.
- Integrate business systems for workflows where data moves through more than one system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Proficient in computer hardware, software, cabling, installation, networking, and security.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate well in a team and cross-functional environment.
- Budget management and optimization skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- B.S. in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with basic accounting principles.
- Customer Service experience.
- Familiar with project planning and management software such as Smartsheet, Microsoft Planner, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, PowerShell, PDQ, Quantum, Solidworks PDM, DAKboard, piSignage, etc.
Works in a clean, air-conditioned office space, free of noise, dust, and humidity.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. This position is very active and the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl all day. Occasional lifting of light items required. No specific vision requirements.
Objects weighing 70 pounds or more must be accompanied by a second individual to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.