Classification: Exempt | Salary | Full-time
Career Group | Family | Pathway | Level
Sales & Business Development | Sales Support | Support | Intermediate
Reports To: Sales & Marketing Manager
The Technical Sales Manager, Maintenance will be responsible for supporting and generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business, and achieving/assisting in meeting opportunity-based sales quotas. The Technical Sales Manager, Maintenance will conduct research to identify and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and social channels. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
- Prepare and expedite maintenance proposals as requested by Regional Sales Manager
- Collaborate with Technical Sales and Avionics Service Sales to provide a single proposal for customers
- Collaborate with Regional Sale Manager & Director of Maintenance to offer options for flat rate maintenance activities
- Interact with Aircraft OEM’s to identify warranty and extended warranty coverages
- Research 3rd party vendors to offer competitive parts costs for customer proposals & during maintenance
- Collaborate with Technical Sales, Avionics Service Sales, and Regional Sales Managers to offer “Up Sell” proposals
- Provide a detailed hand off to Planning and Production once the Proposal is signed
- Research Customer Records to identify out of Phase Inspection or Maintenance items
- Maintain proficiency in each aircraft Manufacturer’s Inspection criteria
- Participate in weekly Production meetings to ensure accuracy of work performed
- Participate in “Post Mortem” debriefs to fine tune quoting process
- Monitor Sales Email Inbox and Sales Phone number
- Attend weekly Sales meetings and Strategy meetings
- Record all communications and relevant details of Opportunities and Customer Contacts in Sales Force
- Assist Regional Sales Managers in running report from AMSTAT to research upcoming inspection events
- Maintain proficiency in each Aircraft Manufacturer Maintenance Manuals and Inspection criteria.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience working in an MRO
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate well in a team and cross-functional environment
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Airframe & Powerplant License
- Proven track record of successful sales experience
- Customer Service experience
Works in a clean, air-conditioned office space, free of noise, dust, and humidity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Occasional lifting of light items required. No specific vision requirements.
Objects weighing 70 pounds or more must be accompanied by a second individual to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.